Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shoulder lean

I'm clearly running out of witty titles. I might just start using the date.

Today was a slim crowd; as Sundays tend to be. Jastin wanted to polish up some of our more basic moves to make us all more uniform. Me and Samson ran the same spot over and over, adding more to it each time. The finality of it was this: I'd whip him off the ropes, and he'd hit me with a standing shoulder tackle. He'd go back to the ropes and I'd roll over for a drop down. He'd jump over me and come off the other rope, and I'd leapfrog over him. As he came off the ropes again, I'd hip toss him. Then I'd pick him up he'd reverse and whip me, and we'd do the same spot in reverse. This exercise really helped me with ring positioning and footwork. It was also my first leapfrog. When I do shoulder tackles I have a tendency to run right through them and take extra steps. To properly set up for more spots, I need to stop immediately on impact. That habit was hopefully broken today.bSamson and Mike had a match that I tried to record, but my phone ran out of memory fairly quickly into it.

Next practice on Tuesday.

1 comment: