Thursday, August 9, 2012

Catching up

Two things off the bat: Blogger tells me where my traffic typically comes from. Mostly it's from Facebook and some of the forums I frequent; but lately it's been telling me one of my top three sources is Stumbleupon. I guess I'm not "hip" on them interwebz cause I don't know what that is. If you are reading this, please comment on where you came here from, and how you found out about this blog if you didn't follow a link posted directly by me. I'm just curious.

Second thing, I didn't post Sunday pretty much out of laziness. This is a catch up post.

It seems that one of the guys that shot the commercial also does web design. It's likely OSW will have a website in the future, with videos, pictures, roster, etc. With the advent of social media in wrestling these days, that means my character page will have a link to Facebook and Twitter profiles. Now, my character doesn't yet have either, but I will create them. I don't even use Twitter, but I guess the dumb short posts I make on Facebook to be funny can be a great substitute for content. I will post them when they are live and active. I also assume a link will be put to this blog, so I'll probably be wanting to focus more on writing purely in character. More on that as it happens.

Sunday's training included two new people yet again. Our family is growing, and that's damn sure what we need. Sunday was like 4 years ago so details are sketchy, but at the end I worked a match against Richard Long "Dick for Short." Mike interrupted the match before it could end and took us both out. Mike's homework for everyone was to write and perform a 90 second promo on our opponent, to be ready by Tuesday.

Tuesday I did not attend. Bridgette (does she need a character name too?) has been working very long hours and has been under a lot of stress lately, and I have barely seen her. She came home Monday night right about when RAW started, was home for an hour, then had to take back off and didn't come back til 11:30. She didn't come home Tuesday until after 7 so I elected to take the training day off and spend a night with her. From what I understand, Mike wasn't there anyway so I couldn't have delivered the promo anyhow.

Today included one more brand new person; although I didn't see the other two from Sunday and I don't know if they attended Tuesday. They wouldn't be the first one-hit wonders I've seen come and go but I hope they stick with it. We always need fresh blood. Hell, listen to me, like I'm a vet. I've only done this 4 months. Anyway, the first bit was Fred handing out a waiver for everyone to sign. Not only was it for medical reasons and liability, it explained the focus of the school and exactly what the training entails and promises. It's good to see some legitimacy brought into the business side. OSW has evolved greatly in the short time I've been a part of it. Anyone who saw the facility when we first moved in and sees it today will see incredible progress; and it's only going to get better and more promising. After warmups we split off, and the new guys worked in the ring on bumps, etc. while the rest of us either chain wrestled on the mat or worked the weights. After all that Jastin tought us how to do a headlock takeover by going to the corner and kicking up and off of it. It's a flashy, more advanced move I immediately felt comfortable doing.

I'll try to be better about getting updates out. The laziness factor is two-fold: coming home so late (and working early) as well as the fact that it is really hard to update this on my phone. The format just doesn't quite work right, so it's infinitely easier on my computer. But, that means shoving all the dirty clothes off the chair, booting it up, blah blah blah. The fans DEMAND updates, so I will do better. I promise.

Training again on Sunday. Hopefully Mike can make it and I can deliver my promo. It's been ready since Sunday night, and I haven't changed a word of it. Once I deliver it, I'll transcribe it to be read here.

3 comments:

  1. How did I find you or your blog? I gave birth to you in a bedroom with your Dad and 2 old hippie midwives attending. I've been there since you were the impish dream in your Dad's brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..dude your mom is too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been reading these blogs since you first started. gets me motivated. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete