Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Get it, son

First thing was rolls as usual. Then Mike had us do 3/4 rolls from corner to corner with a partner. He didn't tell us how many to do. Most of the duos did about 13 sets there and back, and got dizzy and quit. Me and one of the new guys did 23 sets before Mike stopped us. I had started first, so I just kept going to see how long he'd keep up.

After the initial warmups, Mike split the new guys off and had me and 3 others in the ring. Issac and Chris did a long spot called by Mike, and then Delton and I did it as well. Lindsey was training on how to be a ref, so Mike had us slow things down to get her in the right positioning, etc. Then we went ahead and did some matches for her to practice. Delton and I did ours and had pretty much the whole match planned to a T...then we got in there and forgot the whole thing. We got all the parts of the match in there, but had to improv the whole thing. We fucked up a couple spots, but worked through and I think it turned out alright.

My memory is terrible, but I'll work on that. Getting better as long as I keep at it.

1 comment:

  1. Practice, repetition, the drills, son. Everything you were too young to appreciate about tai kwon do.

    ReplyDelete