Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Brokeback got fingered by a midget

Fred requested that I put that statement in this post. I will explain nothing. It's funnier out of context.

There was no training last Tuesday, and I was out of town Thursday and Sunday. Today began with some good exercises. We all laid in the ring with our head off the mat, and held it as long as we could. This makes you tired a lot more than you'd think it would. We were told that the first one to drop his head had to clean the bathroom. After 25 minutes with no one doing so, Fred let us up. I kinda wanted to keep doing that. I wanted to see exactly how long we could all last.

New moves from today include sunset flips, Russian leg sweeps, school boy roll ups, a couple of other pins I forget the names of. There's going to be cookout in a couple of weeks, and Fred wants us to put on a few matches. Currently, the plan is to have 4 singles matches and 1 tag match. The 4 matches would have a trainee going up against a vet, and the tag match of 2 trainees versus 2 vets. That means everyone who is green has somebody to help carry them. It's under evaluation who gets to wrestle. Only the people who have been showing up and training are eligible, obviously; and there's not a whole lot of us. I'd say that statistically I've got a decent shot of having a match in a couple weeks. Isn't that some exciting shit? I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here. I just have to bust my ass to prove to the trainers that I am a good pick. Here's to hoping. It wouldn't be a show or anything; just a little exhibition for family and friends. I'm sure Bridgette will be bringing her video camera. I'll see if we can't get some matches put up on YouTube.

I bit the inside of my lip and make it bleed. My left ankle is a bit swollen. My neck is sore. That means it was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. SUPEREXCITING!

    Definitely put up video afterwards. :)

    Do you do anything like stretching or foam rolling or massage for soreness? I know you're not training like 40 hours a week or anything, i'm just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete